|40 Calorie Holiday Sugar Cookies|
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Butter or Margarine, unsalted, low-fat, low sodium as possible
- 1 Egg White only
- 1 Egg, whole
- 2 Tbsp Fat-free Milk
- 3 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees and line baking sheets with non-stick liners
- In a bowl mix together sugar, butter, egg white, one whole egg, milk and vanilla. Continue to mix until there are few lumps in the dough.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Remove dough and place on a large piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap form a log shape out of the dough.When log is formed, cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours
- Remove dough from fridge and slice 1/4 inch thick, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack
For a more festive twist, sprinkle cookies with red and green sugar.
Or roll dough out and use a festive themed cookie cutter to shape the dough before baking!
Note: This recipe makes a large quantity. You may want to remove only half of the dough from the fridge at a time to bake.