|Wild Rice & Pecan Salad
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 100g packet wild rice
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Cook rices separately following packet directions.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Place rices, celery, onion, pecans and chives in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Place lemon juice, oil, vinegar, yoghurt and sugar in a screw-top jar and add salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Add lemon juice mixture to rice mixture.
- Toss to combine.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 515 Fat: 7.6g Saturated fat: 0.70g : 11.2g Fiber: 1.2g Protein: 1.9g